September 7, 2016

First Day Of School

Hi everyone. It's been an interesting first few weeks of school for Edward. Let's start with the good shall we? He loves his teacher and he looks forward to waking up and going to school every morning with a smile on his face. The only issue we are having so far is that he has some brats, I mean bullies in his classroom. Don't worry, I am getting each one of them. There are three and they have been picking on MY baby. I've had a few emails to the teacher and today, Edward went to speak with the counselor and the counselor and the teacher told him that HE MUST tell someone. He's afraid to tell on these kids because they will see him, but he doesn't realize that it could get much worse. So, he now knows to privately talk to the teacher and I think the teacher will check on him now that she knows what's going on. I asked Edward where this is happening, doesn't the teacher see it? But she doesn't when they are standing in line in the halls or when they are at gym. Poor little guy. It makes me so angry that first graders are bullying innocent children such as my own. Hopefully, it will get better.

Having said all this, I managed to scrap his first day of school. Look how happy he looks? He's such a big boy. I finally ordered the Alphabet II collection by Jillibean Soup. LOVE this collection. The little die-cuts are too cute for words and accented my page so perfectly. I probably should have written my story at the bottom first, prior to adding the die-cuts but I didn't realize I would run out of space until I was out of room. LOL.

 
Here are some closer images of my project.
 




Thanks so much for visiting today!

1 comment:

Lee-Anne said...

Beautiful! I'm sorry that your son has to go through this. Both my sons did too. It is heartbreaking for a mom to see her child be sad. I'm glad that you have responsive teachers and that you can hopefully nip it in the bud.