October 1, 2016

Meet the 2016-2017 Clique Kits Team Blog Share


Hello everybody. Please welcome the 2016-2017 Clique Kits Design Team! We are so excited to have these creative ladies join us this term! It was not an easy process narrowing down the applications to just 10 designers! We went through every application and picked a team with a variety of experience and styles to inspire each level of scrappers out there. Also, we invited Caroli, Maryam and Candace to stay for another term! We just couldn't let them go. Today, we hope that you enjoyed our hop and learned a lot more about these beautiful ladies!


2016-2017 Clique Kits Design Team


Maryam Perez-Chile
Audrey Yeager-New York
Candace Perkins- Arizona 
Melissa Elsner-Washington
Magali Le Luc-Canada
Dani Brown-California
Enza Gudor-Washington
Steph Gold-Arizona
Nicole Martel-Maryland
 
I love creating 8 1/2"x11" layouts. I just love the way this size looks and it's much easier to scrap on this size, rather than 12"x12" (in my opinion). I consider myself a simple scrapbooker, however, It depends on my mood. Sometimes, I like to play with mixed media which isn't so simple. LOL
 
For this layout, I already knew that I wanted my title to be "hello beautiful people" so I had to use a combination of stickers and die cuts to make it work. I loved the die cut frames in We R Memory Keepers' Urban Chic collection and used them all on this layout. LOL. I love embellishments. Can't you tell?
 
 
I layered lots of strips on the edge of my cardstock to create a fun frame for my layout. It really pulled this layout together nicely with the die cuts tucked behind the photo.
 
 
I splashed some mist on the layout and hand-journaled my story at the bottom of the layout. I felt that the journaling was just hanging so I added the hearts and banner at the bottom.
 
 
More stickers and die cuts. I might have gone a little overboard with the embellishments. See what I mean... I am a simple scrapper who doesn't know how to stop with the embellishments. I am addicted to die cuts. And stickers. Enough said.
 


 Fun Facts About Me
 
1. What's your favorite color? Blue
2. What's your favorite song right now? Cheap Thrills, Sia
3. Who inspires you? People who came from nothing and made something of themselves by working hard and never giving up.
4. Favorite Book? Dream Catcher by Stephen King
5.Favortie Movie? Fried Green Tomatoes
6.Favorite snack? Dark Chocolate Pretzels, Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream, Almonds, Gummy Bears.
7. What is your favorite food? Mexican
8. Where would you like to visit someday? Australia and Ireland
9. Who got you into scrapbooking? My mother
10. How many years have you been scrapbooking?16 years
11. Favorite Manufacturer? Pretty Little Studio, Pinkfresh Studio
Any other fun facts you'd like to share.
1. I played Goalie for a Novice Adult Ice Hockey Team when I was 19.
2. I played Lacrosse for three years in High School.
3. I have a potbelly pig, two kitties and 4 Betas.
4. I love to travel and I am an avid reader.
5. I used to play on a pool league. (I Miss it!)
6. I am right-handed, but I play sports with my left hand. (weird)
7. Favorite TV show: Bones
 
Feel free to follow me on social media:
 
Pinterest-nmartel
Instagram-nicolemartel6542
Twitter- nicolemartel654
 
Thanks everyone for hopping along with us. We hope you learned more about us and that along the way, we were able to inspire you! And I would like to say thank you and good-bye to our 2015-2016 Clique Kits DT! I will miss you.
 

 
Nicole

11 comments:

Milca Santana said...

Hi nicole! the format of your project is what most use, I really like. XOXO

enzam said...

Awesome layout, Nicole!

Angela Tombari said...

Awesome! I adore A4 layout!

cliquekits said...

Nicole you have an unbelievably talented team this year- your job should be super easy with this group of designers I must say. It was amazing to hop through and get to know them all a little better. You did a great job organizing this and as always you exceed expectations juggling all of your roles on the CK leadership team. It goes without saying that everything you design is true to your style and inspiring. I for one have always been your biggest fan! Between you and Erica being at the helm of all of Clique Kits day to day operations and Inna and Lacey's and all of our featured exclusive designers helping out Clique Kits will just continue to grow and thrive!! LOVE YOU xoxox

Clarita said...

I really have problems to express the feelings I have with this work!!! This is an explosion of colors and ideas for us, the rookies! Thanks so much for inspiring us. Greetings from Chile!

Nathalie DeSousa said...

Great layout Nicole!

Super Stick Chick said...

Love your work Nicole! Love how well all the titles work with the photo. Fabulous design.

Audrey Yeager said...

This is just SO different and refreshing and I love it! The colors are such a unique combo and so inspiring! I'm so glad to be a part orchid team with you!!!

Caroli Schulz said...

You have such a beautiful clean style, I love all your layouts <3 So glad to continue working with you at Ck for another term honey, big hugs <3

Shannon said...

Super fun! I love how you layered in those frames.

Kim A. said...

So pretty, love all the different mixed patterns!