November 12, 2016

Jess and Toby

It's hard to believe that we've only had these darling babies for 3 1/2 months now. They are around 8 months old and they've come a long way since we first brought them home. When Pete and Edward brought them home, they were VERY sick. We took them to the vet, had them checked out, got them antibiotics etc... and then they started getting better. At least, I thought they were.




These two LOVE playing together and they can often be found snuggling together.


Most of the time, they hide as soon as I walk in with the camera. Notice how Toby looks like he is about to jet.


At night, they run up and down the hall, chasing and tackling each other all through the night. We've learned how to sleep through it. haha... Until Jessica decides to jump up on the bed and run across Pete's head.


This is what I get to watch whenever I'm on the computer. They like to play on opposite sides of the gate. ADORABLE.


Toby was VERY feral when we brought him home. We couldn't touch him or anything. I literally almost had a panic attack when I had to get him in the crate... Because his claws are like blades and he swiped at me a few times and drew blood. Now, he loves being snuggled and loved. It just took a few months for him to trust us. He is completely relaxed now-a-days and he has learned not to claw me... It's nice. LOL



Hamlet is scared shitless of these little darlings... And he is much BIGGER than them. It's so comical. Really. If only you could hear him crying down the hall because Toby will not let him by. HAHAHAHA. Funny. I need to get a video of it sometime. These kitties run this house.


At first, I thought it was cute that Toby loved snagging my toilet paper rolls and playing with them, however, that's getting old. I never have any TP when I need it!!

 
He doesn't share... And he's a major food hog.

 
A little over a week ago, I came home and found some worms on the floor. I know, gross. I've given them worm pills, but they didn't work. However, I was really concerned because it looks like Jessica threw them up. I figured it was Jessica because she's been coughing and I didn't think much of it.
 
I scheduled a vet appointment for the next evening. When I got there, they mentioned that her eye looked bad which I know. However, I do not have thousands of dollars to put her through surgery to fix the layers of her eyes. I mentioned to the vet that I felt like there were worse things going on then her eye... And she kept talking and then stopped. Yes, I felt like saying, "No, I am not a veterinarian, however, I do have a sixth sense for when something is NOT right. And I was right. After running blood test on Jessica, I found out that she has Feline Leukemia. She is lucky to live three years. I am saddened by this, but these kitties would not have survived if it wasn't for us. I will try to keep her happy and give her lots of love until we need to put her down. I refuse to put her down when she's showing no visible signs of being sick. She runs and plays...
 
I will keep my eye on her and if she shows signs of weakness and stops eating, I will know it's the right time. She is such a sweet girl. Also, Feline Leukemia is contagious so I had to take poor Toby in the following morning and have test run on him to see if he tested positive for the disease. Thankfully, he is healthy. The only bad thing was, I had to have them administer treatment on him. He needed a shot that will prevent him from getting the Leukemia. He will need to go every year to have this done for as long as we have Jess. I don't think he would say no. When she goes, he's going to be depressed because they are like Yin and Yang. :( They are true pals. Hell, they were in the sick ward at the animal shelter together, all alone in a room far away from the other kitties. God brought these kitties to us for a reason. And we couldn't love them more.
 


I will keep you updated on our little fur-babies.

No comments: