November 10, 2016

Playing with watercolor paints and transparency

Hi scrappers! I have been playing with mixed media a lot lately and today, I want to share with you how you can create a fun background for your layout using transparency die cuts and watercolor paints by Shimmerz Paints!

I placed several transparency word die cuts on white cardstock. Then I grabbed several different watercolors and one-by-one, held the words in place with my finger and colored over the die cut using watercolor paint and a brush. I let the die cuts sit a little bit before I carefully peeled them from the paper. I did not want the watercolors to smear.

dsc_3525
 
dsc_3533
 
dsc_3542
 
I placed paper weights at each corner and held the paper down overnight to prevent the paper from curling. Then I selected some tags, stickers, cut-aparts and die cuts from Pretty Little Studio's Summer Vibes collection.
 
 
Here are some close-ups:
 
dsc_3548
 
dsc_3553
 
dsc_3558
 
Thank you for visiting today. Hopefully, I've inspired you in some way!
 
Pretty Little Studio Summer Vibes Die Cuts:Picnic Tags, Fuchsia, Word Flags/Summer Days, Vellum Tape/Festival, Stickers/Summer Stars, Acrylic Shapes/Summer.

No comments: