January 2, 2017

One Little Word

 
Happy Monday everyone. For the past few years, I've been wanting to take Ali's One Little Word workshop. I love the concept behind her workshop. It seems a little personal, but I think this class would be a great way to help me improve on myself... I am excited to begin this class. I was able to talk my friend Gia into taking the class too. I can't wait to see what she does with this class. I've already completed my first lesson of the year. Each month, Ali uploads a new lesson with prompts to get your ideas flowing. I love how Ali says, "You will only get what you put into this class". There is work involved... I am going to share my first lesson with you. As I was doing the lesson, I realized how personal this lesson can be... I didn't like writing down my "REAL" feelings... But that's the whole point of the class!!!

 
 


My word this year is MOMENTS. This year, I want to focus on those special moements and sharing my thoughts and feelings in the form of stories. I want to share some of the conversations I have with my son that makes me laugh. And we have so many serious conversations... I want to get them down too. I want to focus on myself... on not snapping at him as much when I am tired or stressed. Sometimes, I am too tired and all he wants to do is talk non-stop and I just snap. I don't like this part of me and I am working on having more patience with him. It's funny how one little word can have so many parts to focus on.




And there it is... my journaling. Opened wide open for everyone to read. I bet there are many women out there who can relate... I am not perfect and I am human. It's hard being a working mommy. I am looking forward to the next lesson in February!
 
Thanks for stopping by! If you are interested in signing up, it's not too late. Click here!
-Nicole

No comments: