January 5, 2017

The Story of Today

Happy New Year everybody! What are your goals for this year? This year, I want to focus more on story telling on my layouts. I do this now, but not as much as I'd like. Initially, I did not plan on using a summer collection for this layout, but the Summer Vibes looks so nice with the photo! I used a pencil to lightly trace lines across the journal card then I used a pen to journal. Once I had my journaling in place, I erased the pencil lines and drew lines free-handed. The die cuts and stickers really helped pull this layout together along with the cut aparts.  


Here are a few close-ups:
 

I really love the acrylic shapes in this collection, especially, the little heart. And one of my favorite things to do with cut apart banners is staple them onto the layout. I added the chipboard heart and stamping from my stash.



Pretty Little Studio Summer Vibes Journaling Card/Pinapple Punch 4x6, Let's Go Outside 3x4, Die-Cuts/Aloha Words, Summer Vibes, Stickers/Flower Crown, Stickers/Summer Stars, Vellum Tape/Festival, Acrylic Shapes/Summer.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: