February 12, 2017

I am strong


Good morning friends! Last weekend, I wanted to scrap, but didn't really have anything in mind so I decided to have fun with a mixed media page. I honestly had no idea where this layout would go. The first thing I did was pull out my blue ink and blender and colored the entire piece of white cardstock blue. Then I used the stamp pad to make some flowers... they aren't perfect, but that's the great thing about mixed media projects; they are messy and fun. And most of the time, you cannot see the imperfections on the layout because it all just blends together so nicely.

I went through my wood mount stamps that I haven't used in awhile to stamp random frames as a fun background and some flowers. Then I grabbed my Honey Bee Acrylic stamps and stamped a few hearts and a birdie near the flowers. I used some Teal Me No Lies Texturez from Shimmerz Paints and a star stencil template to create a few raised stars. The acrylic hashtags are from Little B! I got these from the Clique Kits shop. SOOOO Fun. I used the rub-ons from the February Clique Kit and the transparency words is from another previous kit. I love the "Meh" transparency word from Pinkfresh Studio.


I went through my Story Kits by Ali Edwards and pulled out a few random things to use on my layout such as chipboard words, mini stickers and flair. I've been holding onto the "I am strong" flair for sometime now. I thought it would be perfect for this layout.


I added some little blue jewels here and there to add a bit of sparkle. It's been awhile since I've created a monochromatic layout and I just love how this turned out. I used washi tape at the top and bottom of the layout.


After I had all of my embellishments glued down, I splashed white acrylic paint all over the layout. But before I did this, I covered the photo with a piece of scrap paper since that is the only part of the layout that I did not want to get paint on!


And here it is. I am actually going to frame in and hang it up in my room because I just love it...


 
Cardstock: My Mind's Eye, Ink: Prima, Hero Arts, Wood Mount Stamp (flowers): Hero Arts, Frame stamp: American Crafts, Acrylic Stars, Bird: Honey Bee Stamps, Acrylic hash tag stickers: Little B LLC, Epoxy flower: Fancy Pants Designs, Chipboard: Mini Stickers: Flair: Ali Edwards Designs, Transparency Die cut word: Rubber sticker: Pinkfresh Studio, Butterfly Rub-ons: Washi tape: American Crafts, "Today" sticker: We R Memory Keepers, Cut-Aparts: Clique Kits, Sequins: Other, Texturez (Teal Me No Lies): Shimmerz Paints, Spray Ink: Heidi Swapp, White acrylic paint: Ranger, Star stencils: Ali Edwards Designs.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: