February 15, 2017

Love this

Happy hump day friends. I just wanted to take a minute to share my very first 12x12 layout that I've created in 8 years. I started scrapbooking in 12x12, but after a few years of scrapping this way, I decided I liked the way the 8 1/2x11 layouts looked better so I went that way and continued scrapbooking that way. Kristine Davidson from Creative Scrappers had a call in December for designers to create a layout using her sketch to possibly be published in her new idea book and of course I was interested, but the layout had to be 12x12. I am not gonna lie. It was very challenging for me. In fact, I created a layout before this one and hated it... so I threw it out and tried again the next day... and this is what I came up with. I think for me, I have to really be inspired my the papers and embellishements in order to really like my project. And I knew I couldn't go wrong by using Pinkfresh Studio and Pretty Little Studio products. The two brands merged together so perfectly on this layout! Wouldn't you agree?


Before I started adding embellishments to my layout, I used a black pen and a ruler to draw a 1/4" border around the layout, then I splashed several droplets of black mists onto the paper. Once it dried, I used my Creative Memories Circle Custom Cutting System to cut several circles from paper, vellum and transparency to frame my photos. Once the circles were cut, I adhered them to the layout then doodled around the circles using a black pen to create a faux stitching appearance. I layered one of the circles using vellum paper to create a softer look. I used several die cuts, stickers, washi tape and chipboard to decorate my layout. I love embellishments... I cannot get enough them.


Patterned Paper: Pinkfresh Studio, Pretty Little Studio, Stickers: Pinkfresh Studio, Die cuts: Pinkfresh Studio, Pretty Little Studio, Chipboard:Washi tape: Pinkfresh Studio, Mist: Ranger, Transparency: Vellum: Pretty Little Studio, Circle Templates: Creative Memories, Sketch: Creative Scrappers

Thanks for stopping by today!
-Nicole







1 comment: