February 7, 2017

Remember

Good morning everyone. Just recently, I was going through Edward's baby albums and came across this one photo of Edward and I sitting in the sun. We were at a Father's Day party for Pete. His friends surprised him with a party which was fitting since it was his FIRST Father's Day. I miss those days when Edward was just a newborn. He was such an easy baby! He grew up too fast. It's hard to believe he's going to be 7 this February. Do you ever go through your old photos and re-scrap them? I love going back and reliving those moments just for a second.

For this layout, I used Just Nick Studio's Heart to Heart Background Digital Cut file. I decided to cut the image from orange cardstock to make the cut file pop! For the background, I added a variety of washi tape strips. :)

 
This layout was created using the February Clique Kit! If you haven't seen this kit, check it out because it is BEAUTIFUL. And there are a few add-ons to help enhance those projects this month in the Clique Kit shop! I used the little word stickers from the December Clique Kit. I cannot get enough of these.
 


I added some stamping, cork triangles, die cuts and stickers at the bottom of the layout with some mist and Nuvo dots to help pull the layout together. Without these elements, the bottom looked too empty. I used Clique Kit's cut file from October for the bottom. I cut the images in half to use as a border.


One of my favorite things to do is outline the layout with a 1/4" border using a ruler and a black pen. I just love the way it looks. See how nice the washi tape looks behind the digital cut file? LOVE it! I need to try this technique again; very soon.



Products Used: Cardstock: Doodlebug Designs, My Mind's Eye, Patterned Paper: Die-cuts: Stickers: Washi: Chipboard: American Crafts, Nuvo: Tonic Studio, Mist: Ranger, Sticker words: Pretty Little Studio (created exclusively for Clique Kits), Other: Stamps, Black Pen and Adhesives.

Thank you for visiting today!
-Nicole

No comments: