June 29, 2017

Life


Good morning friends! I've had the past few days off doing NOTHING...but relaxing, scrapping and hanging out with Edward. It's been nice. I wanted to create a layout using my 6x6 paper pad "Oh My Heart" but had no embellishments from this collection so I got creative! I used my stamps to make my own embellishments for this layout.

Would you like to know what 6x6 paper pads are good for besides the smaller patterns?! Color blocking! It's easier to do than you might think. Simply lay a few 6x6 papers on the base of your layout, adhere them down and use scissors to trim the edges.


For the embellishments, I simply stamped different floral images on to the patterned paper then cut them out using a pair of scissors. For one of the flowers, I used a marker to fill in the colors a little bit to make it pop. LOVE these stamps by Altenew.


Here is the layout,. Isn't it pretty?

 
Here's a closer look of the flowers. I used a foam square to layer them.
 
 
I hand-cut two triangles and doodled around the traingles since I wanted to fill in the space at the bottom and didn't have any embellishments.


I used Heidi Swapp's butterfly stencil to create the butterflies at the top. The patterned butterfly was a stamp that was part of the floral stamp set. I used Nuvo's to decorate the butterflies to make them stand out more. The "life" stamp was from one of Ali Edward's Story Stamp Kits.


I used the stamp to create a smaller flower above my journaling and added an enamel dot to the center.



I hope I was able to inspire you to pull out those stamps the next time you are running low on your embellishments. And don't forget about those 6x6 paper pads. They are awesome!
 
Thanks for visiting today.
-Nicole

No comments: