Thursday, October 27, 2022

MIXED MEDIA HOLIDAY TAGS/THE CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP

Good morning! Nicole here with a few holiday tags I created using several holiday stencils and stamps! These tags were so much fun to create and I incorporated a few techniques that I am going to share with you!

I used TCW6011 Tall Christmas Tree Layered Slimline Stencil to create this tag. The tree isn’t perfect, but I still think it’s pretty! I think I applied too much stencil butter over the red ornaments, but that’s OK because art doesn’t need to be perfect! This is such a pretty stencil and I can’t wait to use it on a layout. 

Disclaimer: “The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with product to create these projects. The opinions I share are solely my own.”

One main thing to remember when using layered stencils…make sure you tape down the stencil so it does not move and apply a small amount of stencil butter through the stencil to prevent smudges…otherwise, you ornaments will look like mine. 🙂 Also, I let my stencil butter dry over night before applying the next layer to make sure it was completely dry. I used Barn DoorTerre Verte, and Champagne Stardust Stencil Butter for the tree.

I added a few gems to make it a littler prettier since the red ornaments are a little sloppy and I think it worked! I just glued them using a strong glue and stamped “Merry Christmas” from the TCW2218 Christmas Joy Stamp set at the top and added the ribbon, Super easy and so much fun to make!

For the next tag, I used the TCW6008 Poinsettia Spray Layered Slimline Stencil. I think this tag is my favorite from all of the ones I made. 

I used the Terre Verse and Barn Door stencil butter through the stencil to create the leaves and Poinsettia. Again, I used too much stencil butter and it smudged…which is why I decided to use the ColorSparx to color in the images to make it less noticeable. Sometimes, mistakes can be good… 🙂 I love how this turned out.

I let each the stencil butter dry between each step. Also, one thing I want to mention about these stencils… The stencils have little etching marks so you know exactly where to place the stencil! I can’t get it to show through the pictures, but in this case. There are little etchings showing part of the flower so you can line the stencil down perfectly! I just love the quality of these stencils and clear etchings! 

After the stencil butter was completely dry, I mixed the ColorSparx with some water and used a paint brush to paint inside the images. Next, I tapped the watercolor off the brush lightly to create the splatters. To finish the tag, I stamped “Tis The Season To Be Jolly” from the TCW2217 Holly Jolly Stamp Setusing green ink and added the ribbon.

I hope you found this post inspiring! They were a lot of fun to make and I appreciate you visiting today!

No comments: