Saturday, June 03, 2023

SENTIMENTAL CARDS/TAYLOR EXPRESSIONS

Happy weekend! I finally got a Saturday off after working three in a row. I thought I'd pop on and share these adorable cards I created using layered stencils, rubber stamps, and inks from Taylor Expressions.


To begin, I placed a scrap piece of white cardstock inside my Misti and stamped the sentiments using four different colors.
Next, without moving anything, I stamped the images once again with embossing ink and added clear embossing powder to create a nice clear embossed die!
It may not look like much, but I promise you, up close, it makes a huge difference in card making. The embossed sentiments look so pretty!
After that, I used my metal dies to cut out the sentiments.
I used the same ink colors to blend the images using the layered stencils...super fun!! And then I kind of moved the sentiments around on each card to see which sentiment would go on each card.
I inked the edges of A2 card panels in each color to create a nice border for the cards.
I added a few embellishments, too.
After I finished adding the sentiment, I felt they were too plain...so I stamped the little guys to add above the sentiments and added the birthday sentiment that I embossed in gold embossing powder.

Isn't this super cute?? I was going to color in the little guys, but I kind of like it in blue to blend in with the card.
I kept this one simple and I think it's just perfect! I forgot to mention, I used a metal die frame to cut the cards out.
These cards were so much fun to make. I just enjoy the process of ink blending these days!

I LOVE that lime green! It's such a pretty color.

And that's a wrap! I hope you found these cards delightful.

Hope you have a great weekend and thank you for visiting today!
-Nic


No comments: