Sunday, December 31, 2023

ALL IS CALM ALL IS BRIGHT/PINKFRESH STUDIO

Happy New Year's Eve, friends. We made it another year. I'm so thankful for this hobby... it's my therapy and I have been scrapbooking for over 25 years. I'm always keeping up with the trends and new techniques to prevent myself from getting bored. 

I created this layout for Pinkfresh Studio's monthly challenge. We are still celebrating the holidays! I've been itching to use the new Folk Snowflakes on a layout! I created three beautiful snowflakes using the stamp, stencil, metal die and silver embossing powder. I love the simplicity of this layout! The snowflakes add so much to the layout.



I decided to make the snowflakes different shades of blue to pull the blue from the photo. I cut the Sparkling Diamonds Die from white cardstock to use as a frame for my photo.

I added some gems to the snowflakes and used foam squares to pop up the sentiment on the photo to add dimension.

With the exception of the white cardstock and sheet of patterned paper I had from my stash, I made all of the embellishments... mostly... I didn't make the sentiment. Although, if I had that sentiment in a stamp set, I would have made it, too. I just had so much fun with this layout... The tag was also made from a metal die.
What do you think? I love how the Sterling embossing powder from Brutus Monroe just pops off the snowflakes...it's so pretty!

Hope you have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve. 
-Nic

No comments: