Wednesday, April 24, 2024

RAYS FOR DAYS/PERFECT PAINTS

Hello friends! I'm excited to share a fun mixed media page I created using Polishing Plaster through a stencil. I'm about to start my Outer Banks album and wanted to get my mixed media divider page completed! Plus...I was in the mood to just play with mixed media.


This was pretty simple to make and I just love how the waves turned out! It's so pretty... I used foam squares and rub-ons from Simple Stories' Just Beachy collection to embellish the page once the Polishing Plaster was completely dry. 

When I'm working with a variety of Polishing Plaster, I start with the lightest color and work my way up to the darker colors. I used the Jack Frost Polishing Plaster for the first layer and then I used the palette knife to spread the MexicanTurquoise all over, being careful to let some of the Jack Frost show through. Next, I added a little bit of the Organic Sugar to lighten up the colors and I absolutely LOVE how this turned out. It's so pretty!!
I waited for the Polishing Plaster to dry before embellishing the page with foam stickers, gems and rub-ons.

I hope I inspired you today! Thank you so much for visiting today.

Nic



No comments: