Saturday, February 16, 2019

SIMPLE & SWEET

Good morning. I was up at 8 am. this morning and could not go back to sleep. It's the weekend and I am supposed to sleep in, but I just can't seem to sleep. So I got up, pulled a sweatshirt on and made some coffee. Then I jumped on my computer looking at my favorite scrapbook companies to see what types of challenges they had this month. It's been awhile since I participated in any challenges so I wanted to join in on the fun.


My first stop this morning was Pinkfresh Studio's blog. They are one of my favorite scrapbooking companies. Their products are good quality, fresh and fun. I just love them. They have come out with a few fabulous lines just a few weeks ago so I am trying to use up my stash before making another purchase! It's sooooo hard!!! I have everything sitting in my cart at scrapbooking.com :)


For this layout, I went with the color scheme and theme since I had the perfect photo from Disney to use! And lucky for me, my papers, stickers and die cuts in my Pinkfresh Studio stash has a lot of these colors!


I did a good deal of fussy cutting on this layout. One of the things I love the most about Pinkfresh Studio's patterned paper aside from the quality are the patterns... you can always cut the patterns out to create your own die cuts to make them work for you on a layout!


I couldn't stop adding embellishments on this layout. They were too pretty not to use and again... I am trying to use up my stash!


No layout of mine is complete without a little journaling. It really bothers me to see a layout without a little story.


You can get a better view of the layers here. Isn't this beautiful? I just kept tucking embellishments here and there until I was satisfied with the layout. This layout took me longer than planned because I kept messing with it.


Before I started this layout, I added some pink, yellow and blue paint to the base to make it more artsy. I love creating mixed media layouts... getting messy is fun even when I get paint stuck between my finger nails. :)




What do you think? The photo is too cute for words. I am so glad I did the Disney Photo Express... even if there were only a few pictures from my week, the photos that I did get were worth the money!


If you are looking for some acrylic paints that goes beautifully with Pinkfresh Studio's color schemes, check out Bad Girls Couture's Haute Mess acrylic paints. The colors are soft and beautiful!!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your visits. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


No comments: