Sunday, August 11, 2019

GETAWAY

Happy Sunday everyone. I had a lazy day today... I have been scrapbooking all day just for fun... No DT assignments, just fun stuff.


I saw Pinkfresh Studio's challenge for August and thought I'd play along. The color palette is gorgeous and I definitely challenged myself on this layout... I included some hand-stitching!


To begin, I used We R Memory Keeper's stitching tool to create several stitched lines. Then I used a variety of gorgeous Colorations Sprays (Granny Smith, Timeless, Salmon and Ink Spot) from Art Anthology to add lots of color on a 8 1/2"x11" white cardstock.


I used a heat gun to speed up the drying time. Then I punched several 2" circles using a circle punch.


After I punched all of my circles out, I hand-stitched each circle using pink, yellow and blue thread. This took some time...:)



I used recycled packaging to smear the Colorations Sprays on another piece of cardstock to create a colorful background so that the circles would blend in nicely.


I used a heat gun in between the colors so the colors would not become muddy.


Here are some close-ups of the final project. TOTALLY love this... it's so pretty and colorful...such a happy layout. I used bits and pieces of embellishments from different collections for this layout...




Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Houses Built of Cards said...

Absolutely LOVE your use of color - and what fun it is to use all those die cut circle layers on your layout! Thanks so much for playing along with the Pinkfresh Studio August Challenge!