Wednesday, May 20, 2020

GUEST DESIGNING FOR CITRUS TWIST

Hello again! I'm back today with a few more layouts I created using the Citrus Twist Journeys kit. While we were at the beach we spent a day on the boardwalk. Edward had a blast playing in the arcade and then he spent the afternoon, hopping on the rides. He had a blast with his aunties.


For this spread, I used the die cuts, stickers and chipboard to embellish the squares with a few stamps. The floral card was a journaling card that I cut down to fit into the sleeve. I used the "coastal park" ticket and puffy heart sticker from a previous kit since it went with the color scheme. On the right-side of the spread, I cut the paper to measure 8"x4" and then used the Adhesive Page Strip to add it to the book.


For the next page, I used the 2 3x4 pocket page to add my photo and journaling card. This was a super quick and easy way to get the page done... Just add a few embellishments and you are done. Sometimes, all you need is a perfect photo or two and a few embellishments to create a beautiful layout.


Initially, I wasn't sure how I would use the camera lens die cut. I'm sure it's called something else, but I can't think of it at the moment. LOL... I decided to add it on this adorable patterned paper with the center die cut.


These layouts were fun. I used a lot of embellishments here and just had fun. Honestly, I could not find my alphas while I was creating the other layouts. I didn't see them until I was working on the last few layouts. I decided to use up most of the letters on the layout. Then I added a few die cuts and the "This is how we roll" sentiment at the bottom of the photo. My family always says, " this is how we roll." :)



I layered several embellishments together to create this layout. I love how this turned out. The layout speaks for itself. I used the "joy in the journey" chipboard from another kit and then stamped the "A JOURNEY WELL SHARED" Sentiment below the chipboard.


I punched holes in the Documented journaling card to use in my album as a journaling page. Then I used another 2 3x4 pocket sleeve to include the journaling card and picture with a few embellishments. I layered the "scenic route" chipboard using a cork embellishment from my stash and a scrap piece of photo paper.






For those of you who know me. I love BLUE. It's my favorite color. When I saw the paper, I knew I had to use it. It's so blue-tiful.  I added a little yellow to brighten it up a bit. The sun and bird journaling card was from a different kit.

The journaling cards in this month's kit are lovely. I love them all, especially the sentimental ones.






Thank you Trina and Nathalie for having me this month! I had a blast creating these projects with the Journeys kit.


No comments: