Friday, May 08, 2020

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE

Good morning everyone! I have a super fun mixed media layout to share with you today! Today, I did something I normally would not do. I don't think I've lifted someone's work in a long time. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I lifted someone's work. I just don't do it because when you lift someone's work, you need to make sure you give proper credit to the original artists. Personally, I don't like lifting because I like doing MY own thing. It's OK to lift someone's work, just don't forget to give credit to the original artists. That applies when uploading your work to galleries etc.

A few weeks ago, I saw this beautiful layout created by Anett Gelencser. She designs for Pinkfresh Studio and I just LOVE her work. I love how colorful and vibrant her work is and I am a sucker for circles!


Before I show you how I created the background for my layout. Let me share the layout I created. As you can see, I lifted a few different elements from her layout. I did not lift the layout exactly how she created her layout.


For this layout, I am using the Rainbow ConnectionKit and the Rainbow Connection Add-on kit, featuring Vicki Boutin's Paste. The paste is available in the shop!To begin, I cut the patterned paper to measure 8 1/2x11" and a piece of white cardstock to measure 8"x10 1/2". I mounted the white cardstock to the center of the patterned paper. Then, I punched several 2" circles from white cardstock and placed them onto the cardstock, adhering them with glue.



I applied a thick layer of white gesso all over the base. It's OK if the circles start popping up at the edges... let them pop up to give the layout more texture and dimension!



Next, I added a tiny bit of the paste and mixed it with a water using a paint brush to water down the paste. For this layout, I am not using the paste as actual paste... I made my own watercolor paints to color in the circles. That is why we applied gesso all over the base...so that the paper would not tear when adding the watercolors. 


I used a piece of paper towel to lift the excess water from the circles in the areas that the watercolor was pulling towards the edges. I splashed some yellow water color all over the back using the end of my brush. Then I tapped a few drops of the Raider Coloration Spray from Art Anthology in the background. Once the circles were completely dry, I added my photo and embellishment along with some stamps for my title work and journaling!




Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!


No comments: