Friday, September 04, 2020

FEELS LIKE PEACE

Good morning friends! I have another fun mixed media layout to share with you today featuring the TCW454 Specimen Stencil and the TCW157 Flower Frenzy. I have to admit, I cheated a little... The colors in the background is actually patterned paper from Altenew! Since I was feeling lazy, I decided to look for a colorful sheet of patterned paper to ink blend some patterns in the background. I didn't feel like grabbing my paints and getting messy.... However, I did splash a tiny bit of white acrylic paint on here for the heck of it.


*Disclaimer: The Crafter's Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.

For the flower, I used a lighter shade of orange to blend the entire flower at the top of the layout and then I used a darker shade of orange to blend in the center to add depth to the flower. I used a purple shade to blend in the butterflies and the circle images.



I embellished the layout with a few vintage embellishments I had in my stash along with some foam alphas and word stickers. For the sequins...I always have a hard time placing them right so I literally tapped the sequins out of the bottle lightly and then I left them where they fell and glued them down.


I used fabri-tac glue by Beacon to glue down the zipper and ribbon trim. Then I cut the doily in half, added some purple ink to it and created the layers.



Seriously, this layout warms my soul. The colors are sooooo pretty. What do you think? Do you have a favorite stencil that you tend to grab more often than others? What is it? I'd love to know.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!





No comments: