Tuesday, September 15, 2020

IN NEED OF VITAMIN SEA

Happy Tuesday! I have a fun layout to share with you! For months, I've had my eyes on the ColorSparx Watercolor Powders...wondering what all can be done with these powders. The possibilities are endless! Rather than use them as watercolors, I decided to mix it with Clear Modeling Paste to see what happens. And I must say, I was very excited with the outcome. Come see how this layout came together!



Disclaimer: The Crafter's Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are soley my own.

To begin, I used a palette knife to scoop out about 7-8 table spoons of Clear Modeling Paste. I decided to use the Clear Modeling Paste instead of the White Modeling Paste thinking the colors would be more vibrant with the Clear Modeling Paste.

I mixed the TCW9057 Cerulean Blue ColorSparx to the Clear Modeling Paste. I used about 18 gentle taps of the powder. Be careful with the powders. You do not need to squeeze the bottle. Gentle taps will do.

One of the great things about this technique is that you can add more powder to enhance the color. You have complete control over how bright you want the color. There is a lot of powder in this little bottle! I think I need to pull them out for my next project!!

I like to apply the Modeling Paste on thickly because if it's applied too thin, you may end up scraping the stencil and lifting it in the process, which will cause some of the paste to steep below the stencil. I have done this in the past and I ended up with smudges and broken pieces...

Once I was satisfied with the color of the Clear Modeling Paste, I taped the stencil above white cardstock. Then, I used a palette knife to apply the Modeling Paste all over the TCW847 Wave stencil.

Also, I always drag the palette knife from top to bottom to avoid moving the stencil too much.

After the Modeling Paste was completely dry, I used the TCW9052 Super Thick Gel to glue down my pictures and embellishments. Initially, I used regular adhesives, but the embellishments would not hold so I used the glue to seal everything down.


Thanks so much for visiting today!





No comments: