Thursday, September 16, 2021

TODAY WAS EVERYTHING/PINKFRESH STUDIO

Hello friends! I have a fun sketch I created for Clique International to share with you today! It's super fun and I think you will be inspired! Lately, I've been into strips of papers or stickers... I see this style all over Instagram. 


Here is what I came up with for this month's sketch. I added watercolor inks to the background. Super fun!  To create the background, I added a few drops of ink onto leftover packaging and smeared it all over the white cardstock. I made sure to let the first color dry first before applying the other color.


Once the ink was completely dry, I cut the patterned paper to measure 8 1/2x11. Then, I cut the cardstock to measure 7 1/2x10 and mounted them together. I cut the paper strips from patterned paper from Pinkfresh Studio. I actually mixed kits to create this layout. The patterned paper strips is from the Happy Blooms Sampler Kit and the embellishments are from the Some Days Kit


Initially, I was not going to include the stenciled stars, but I felt like I needed to add another color... therefore, I decided to splash some black watercolor ink all over the layout and then I used The Crafter's Workshop's Sparkle Slimline Stencil to add the stars.



I love the smiley face chipboard! I had to find a way to add it to this layout. :) It makes me happy. And I like the little blue house, too.


What do you think? Are you ready to give this sketch a try? If you're not comfortable with the mixed media part of it, you can still create a beautiful layout using parts of the sketch as inspiration. Thank you so much for visiting today!




No comments: