Thursday, May 09, 2024

JOYFUL/PERFECT PAINTS

Hello! I'm sharing a mixed media layout I created using a stencil and a variety of Polishing Plaster to create just the right color for my stenciled design.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed making this adorable layout using a picture of me with my fur-baby! I just love it so much... Before I started this layout I envisioned making a fun background using a camera stencil from Simple Stories. I had to get creative because I wanted the camera to be pink and I didn't have Polishing Plaster in pink. But then I thought to myself... why not mix the Cayenne and the Dove's Wing together to create a pink color!! And it worked, perfectly!
I added a small amount of the cayenne with three times more of the Dove's Wing and then mixed them up really well using a palette knife. Look at that pink!!! Isn't it beautiful! I love stretching the supplies I have on hand to make them work!
I added some of the Jack Frost Polishing Plaster sparingly... Just a little bit here and there to add a bit of texture to the pink cameras. I absolutely love the texture of Polishing Plaster and it has a little glimmer once dried. It's so pretty...

 

To make the cameras pop even more, I added a few enamel dots with my favorite sentiments. Simple, but effective!
For those of you who have been following me for awhile...you know I love to play with layers. I use foam squares to pop embellishments up here and there throughout the layout to add dimension. Also, if you look closely, that paper clip is a die cut. I added the enamel dot sticker to make it look more real...
The collection I used for this layout is 49 & Market's latest Kaleidoscope collectiion. It goes perfectly with the Polishing Plaster colors, don't you think? Thank you so much for visiting today. Don't forget to check out all the beautiful Polishing Plasters in the shop. Grab a few and mix them together and just experiment and have fun.

-Nic

No comments: