Monday, October 21, 2024

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY/PERFECT PAINTS

Shouting HAPPY BIRTHDAY to those of you who are celebrating, and getting older! I have been making cards to send to my friends. Making cards for my friends gives me so much joy. I love receiving their text that they received their "beautiful" card and that I made their day. It's why I love this hobby.

To begin, I selected a few floral die cuts, decorative brads, tag, stencil, and two Polishing Plasters in the colors of Jack Frost and Organic Sugar. I chose these colors because they are light colors and I thought they would blend nicely together. Next, I taped down the stencil over watercolor paper. I like to use watercolor paper instead of cardstock because it has a nice texture and it's thicker. However, you can use regular cardstock with Polishing Plaster and it will not bulk up.
I used a palette knife to apply the Organic Sugar Polishing Plaster down first. Then, I used Simon's scraping tool to make the Polishing Plaster even...this is a great tool to remove the excess Polishing Plaster and the end result is a smooth surface! And you can put all that excess Polishing Plaster back in your jar for another project!
After that, I repeated the same steps using the Jack Frost Polishing Plaster. I just added little dabs all over so that I could blend some of the green through the stencil.
I love this stencil set from Taylor Expressions because I can save myself time by making two card backgrounds at once! All I need to do is cut it in half once it is fully dried...and I have two mixed media card bases!
Once the card is fully dry, I embellished it with paper, die cuts, decorative brads, and an embossed sentiment in gold.

Doesn't the polishing plaster look beautiful in the background?! I just love it so much. It's kind of subtle and I love it! Thank you so much for visiting today!

Nic

No comments: