Tuesday, February 11, 2020

LOVE

Hi everyone. These past five months have flown by. My sister had her first baby in August and I am excited because that means I'll be scrapbooking my baby nephew. Edward is getting sick of posing for me. :) My sister had a professional take newborn photos of Henry and they are ADORABLE!

I created another project for Pinkfresh Studio's February Challenge. I had some things on hand that works with the theme so I figured, why not?! And to mix it up, it's an art journal spread.


The Woody doll used to be Henry's father's when he was a boy. Mat, gave it to Edward when he was two years old... seven years later, we gave it back to Mat so he could give it to Henry.

I decided to use the Kraft Tab art journal page for this layout since I wanted to sick with browns and blues for this spread. I wanted to keep it simple, focusing on the photo.


If you haven't played in one of these journals, you are missing out. I love flipping through my journal, touching and feeling all of the embellishments. These art journals are truly one of a kind. I like how the vintage ribbon binds the book. It's very pretty and feminine.



Here is a close up of the embellishments. I used a strong glue to mount the burlap down on the layout. Then I matted the photo using a variety of journaling cards from Pinkfresh Studio. Once I was satisfied with the arrangement, I glued the matted photo down and added the embellishments. This was super simple, but effective. Sometimes, a little goes a long way. I never feel like I need to add a lot to my layouts. I just do what I like.


Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope you have a fantastic week!


No comments: