Wednesday, May 27, 2020

ALTERED MAPLE TAG

Good morning! Today I am sharing my very first project I created for Artesprix. How is everyone holding up with this virus? I'm ready for some sunshine. Until then, I made this using the Maple Bag Tags and Artesprix's Original Sublimation Markers. I love tags and they are super quick and easy to make. Sometimes, I like to dress up my travel bags and lunch bags because I think that tags help show off my personality! 

When I started this project, I must admit, I was a little nervous. This was my third try making this tag. I have never done anything like this before. It was a first for me and I loved it. It was super fun! If you're using the heat press, make sure your heat press setting is set for 400 degrees and you heat the tag for 45 seconds or the colors will not turn out vibrant. This was a lesson learned for me, but it was my first time so I gave myself a break. Practice makes perfect!




To create this tag, you will need the following:

Artesprix Maple Bag Tag
Artessprix Acrylic Block
Heat Press or regular iron
Artesprix Heat Tape
Embellishments if desired



To begin, I used the Maple Bag Tag as a template to trace onto white cardstock using a pencil. Then, I cut the image out using scissors. 



Next, I stamped Trinity Stamp's "Love You Bunches Stamp" onto the plain piece of paper using the Sublimation Ink. I absolutely love the flowers in this set and if you look at my Instagram Account, you will see several projects I created using this stamp set. It's beautiful and it worked beautifully with the Original Sublimation Markers.  


I colored the image using the Original Sublimation Markers. Be careful. Remember, if you color outside the lines, it will show up on the tag.




Here is a quick video tutorial to see how I created a similar tag to this one, but using the Pastel Sublimation Markers! Click here to watch the video!

Don't forget to check out the variety of blanks in the shop! There are many different things you can create using the Sublimation Markers, Ink and Stamps! Click here to see all of Artesprix's products! 

Click here to start shopping!

No comments: