Tuesday, August 18, 2020

CAT NAP

Good morning! I'm so excited to share my first layout I created for The Crafter's Workshop. A few months ago, I was working on the computer until I heard a strange noise... I looked over and saw Toby's head peeking out from the side of the shelf. He's soooo funny. I'm not sure why he likes to hide behind my books, but he does this all the time.



To begin this layout, I used a few different inks and a blending brush to create the different patterns using the TCW743 Crazy Waves Stencil. I love this stencil! As you can see, I did not use this stencil to create waves. In fact, I flipped it sideways to create a few columns of fun patterns in different colors. If using one brush, make sure to clean the brush with a wipe before applying the other colors so that the colors do not become muddy.



*Disclaimer: The Crafter's Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.



This is super simple to do for those creators who want to create something fun, with less mess. Simply Cover white cardstock with the stencil and tape down the edges with washi tape so that the stencil does not move while you are blending the different color inks over the stencil with a blending brush. I like to use a few different colors when using this technique because you can really see all the pretty details better.


Once I was satisfied with my background, I cut 3 2x6 strips and 1 2x5 inch strip.



I adhered the strips from the littlest strip on the far left-side of the layout and staggered the other strips so they were approximately a 1/2 inch higher than the next strip.


Next, I created a collage of photos using PicMonkey and printed them on photo paper. Each photo is 2x2. They fit nicely within the columns.



I used scissors to cut a few border strips to adhere along both sides of the layout.


After I was satisfied with the placement of the papers and border strips, I embellished the layout using lots of cute die cuts!





Thank you for stopping by today. Stop by The Crafter's Workshop Blog for inspiration on how you can use stencils on your next project!





No comments: