Tuesday, October 06, 2020

ALTERED HOME

Hello! Today I'm sharing a fun mixed media project I created for The Crafter's Workshop and Foundation Decor. One of my favorite things to do is alter wood pieces! I just love the process of altering woodcrafts. It allows me to play with all of my mediums and just have fun! Most of the time, I have no clue what I'm doing... I just have fun. And I've learned that any mistakes along the way can be covered up with more paint. :)

Disclaimer: "The Crafter's Workshop and Foundation Decor provided me with product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own."


To create this project I used the following products:

Stencils: TCW729 City Buildings, TCW177 Cherry Blossoms and TCW922 Ethereal Stencil

White Gesso

Clear Modeling Paste

Matte Gel Medium

Foundation Decor Family House

Bad Girls Couture Acrylic Paint

Embellishments: Elle's Studio, Citrus Twist, Pinkfresh Studio


When I started painting the house I was trying to think of how I was going to embellish the house. Luckily, I had a few fun puffy stickers that were perfect for this house! And I'm loving all the colors and textures on this house. Lots of pretty things on such a small surface. But not too much! It's just right.


I made sure to use a medium gel to glue down all of the pieces to prevent them falling off. I would hate to work so hard on a project to have it fall apart. Because of the texture of the house, it is very important to add the gel medium to all of the stickers... the adhesives on the stickers are not strong enough to stay on the surface.

 I love the little birdie. I couldn't resist... I had to find some way to include him. :)

Please visit The Crafter's Workshop to see the full step-by-step easy to follow tutorial! Click here to see the full tutorial. I hope you were inspired on your visit today! Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by!



No comments: