Monday, November 06, 2023

NATURE MEMORIES/SIMPLE STORIES SNAP ALBUM

Hello! I have been working on my little vacation album from our trip to Colorado to visit my sister. I made here a little mini a month ago, but never got around to doing one for myself! There are so many cute Camping collections out there... I looked at a few different manufacturers and the one that really caught my eye was the Trail Mix collection from Simple Stories. I think it was the touch of pink that did it! LOL

Who would have thought to add pink in a camping collection?! And it totally works... it adds a little funk to the papers and die cuts and I just love it. I'm sad I didn't buy a little more of this collection. I may need to go back and add a few more things because this little album is nowhere near done. I have a ton of photos.

I have a variety of pocket pages inside, too...which makes it super fun! I used the 6x8 paper as a title page on the left-side-adding in some die cuts popped up with foam squares for dimension. Super cute!


I basically slapped the photos on this page, cut the paper down and trimmed it into a triangle and slid it through the photo to create a fun design for this page. Next, I added the embellishments at the top to fill in the white space... and of course...I used the die cuts with a touch of pink because why not?
I tried to space out the regular pages and pocket pages throughout the album to mix them in a bit to make the album more interesting and fun.



Here are a few pocket pages. I kept it pretty simple... because I didn't want to cover up these photos and take away from the scenery. 


We took this selfie inside a cave... it was so cool! You're never too old to enjoy playing in caves. I love the plaid and orange floral papers and really wanted to use them in this album. This spread turned out a bit girly...ha. 



I like the white graph paper in the background. It gives these two spreads a nice, clean look and helped make the photos the main focus.


For this page, I thought it would be fun to stagger the papers, photo and embellishments. Seriously, isn't that cluster of embellishments fun?! 
I decided to place two 4x6 photos above each other and add a few embellishments on the photos along with the journaling. It really shows off the scenery! I especially love this photo of my sister and son, together. They had such a great time together.

I love this paper from the 6x8 paper pad that I decided to use it again... with a few other die cuts that I know I won't put on any of the other pages.


And that's a wrap! I still have more photos to add to this album. Once they are added, I promise to share those pages, too! Thanks so much for visiting today.

-Nic

No comments: