Wednesday, November 01, 2023

THESE ARE THE DAYS/PERFECT PAINTS

Hello, friends! Nicole here with a layout I created using beautiful product from 49 and Market along with the Vintage Mercury Shimmering Matte Acrylics. I had so much fun playing with the paint on this layout. I'm going to share some fun and easy ways to use the paint in simple ways that take no time at all.


To begin, I painted the wood veneer sentiment and heart using the Mercury Shimmering Matte Acrylics. I just love this color...it's so beautiful and it looks so pretty on this layout. I painted some of the flowers too, but the big one didn't work for this layout. I opted to use the smaller one instead.


Next, I matted my papers together and used a paint splatter tool to splatter some of the paint all over the paper. I love the gold and wanted to add a few gold specks onto the paper.



After the paint was completely dry, I mounted down my photos and embellishments, adding lots of layers and texture.


I fussy cut the little flower to add to the wood veneer to help pull this little corner together. Initially, I was going to add the labeled journaling at the bottom, but it kind of got lost...so I decided to place it below the banner.


I did not plan on adding the photo at the top, but I felt like there was too much white space at the top...so I matted the photo with the frame die cut to see if it would work and I just love it. It really pulls the layout together. And notice how the "wide open spaces" word strip has a gold border. Doesn't it look nice? It's so easy to do with the paint. Simply use a paint brush to brush the paint around the edges.


Loving all the butterflies on this layout and the vintage feel. I used a few foam squares to pop the butterflies up off the page to add dimension.


What do you think? It's beautiful right? What are your favorite Shimmering Matte Acrylics? We'd love to know. Comment below! Thank you so much for visiting today.

-Nic

No comments: