Monday, September 12, 2022

MOMENTS/THE CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP

Good morning friends. Happy Monday! I’m sharing a mixed media layout I created using the TCW990 Flourish Tile stencil. I love this stencil so much. It’s so pretty.

Disclaimer: “The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with product to create this layout. The opinions I share are solely my own.”

To start, I grabbed a sheet of watercolor paper, ink and blending brushes. Next, I placed the stencil over the watercolor paper and blended the inks through the stencil using the blending brush.

I love how pretty this looks! Simple simple, but oh, so pretty!

Next, I grabbed my spray bottle and sprayed water all over the layout. The ink will react to the water…and it creates a nice watercolor effect. You will see it in the close up photos. 🙂

After I was finished working on the background, I grabbed some paper and embellishments and started moving them around the page to design the layout. This part takes me the longest because I’m a fussy scrapbooker… I’m never 100% happy with the design…most of the time. There comes a point where I just tell myself, enough is enough already…and I move on. 🙂 Notice the splatters on the page caused by the water? I love it…so pretty.

Here are some close-up photos of all the pretty details of the layout. I enjoyed creating this layout of Angel and I. I snapped this photo while we were in North Carolina together with our families. We’ve known each other since I had Edward. Her daughter and my son are very close friends.

I hope you found this layout inspiring! Doesn’t this layout feel like summer…even with the floral elements?! Thank you so much for visiting today.

-Nic

No comments: