Thursday, February 28, 2019

ALTERED JOURNAL PAGE: ALTERING FLOWERS WITH GESSO

Happy hump day all! How's your week going? I've been having so much fun working with my art journal from Bad Girls Couture. Since I scrapbook mainly 8 1/2"x11" layouts, the size of the journal works well for me! For this stitched journal page, I decided to use  white premium gesso on my flower to mess it up a bit. It was too pretty... LOL


  To create this distressed look, I simply used a small paint brush and gesso and rubbed the brush along the edges of the petals and between the creases. Super simple and easy. I wanted the flower to blend in with the layout. The brown needed some hightlights.

 

I love this flair button that I bought awhile ago from 7 Dots Studio. It went perfectly with this journal spread. The butterfly was created by painting gesso onto white cardstock and letting the gesso dry. Once the gesso was dry, I punched the butterfly out using a punch and added the heart.

 



See, gesso isn't so scary to use after all. I love that you can use gesso to paint different embellishments if you are out of white paint. It works just the same.



Thanks for visiting today!
Haute Mess Paint is made by hand by artisans here in the USA (Southern California).
We are a SMALL BATCH COMPANY. Every single color is mixed by hand ONE GALLON AT A TIME to ensure freshness.
There is a unique BATCH NUMBER on every single bottle of paint. We are able to tell
by that number who mixed your paint and what date it was mixed on.
Haute Mess Paint is completely free of VOC’s. (Volatile Organic Compounds). Paint
has chemicals that can stay in the air for years. It can also give you headaches,
allergies, nausea, and other health problems. Not Haute Mess!
We are Eco-Friendly. No VOC’s. Recyclable container. The container can be
repurposed. Haute Mess Paint and Mediums swatch book included. Swatch book is ACTUAL
paint and mediums. NOT computer generated images. What you see is EXACTLY what you
get. Inspirational Post Card with ideas to inspire your muse.

No comments: