Sunday, February 24, 2019

CHOOSE JOY

Good morning! Happy weekend everybody. I've been playing with my stencils and molding paste. Lately, I've been pretty bored with my work. No...seriously. I have. Maybe it's due to lack of energy/mojo. I don't know...but when this happens, I pull out my scraps, stencils and spray inks and I just start throwing stuff on the page.

Honestly, this layout took me forever. At first, it wasn't going anywhere and I was getting frustrated. I had no plans on using the floral stencil. Initially, I sprayed the background with Tattered Angels Turquoise Blue mist and was just going to work around that. But then I decided I wanted to add a subtle background of florals... So I used my 12"x12" stencil from The Crater's Workshop and some molding paste. Once the paste was dry, I sprayed some Pearl mist by Tattered Angels into some pink watercolor paint then sprinkled the watercolor over the surface of the layout. The pearl mist gave the watercolor paint a nice shimmer! Then I added some green watercolor all over the layout. I like it!


I used Yes Paste to adhere all of the embellishments to this page. I really like this paste because it really adds texture and dimensions to the layout. However, it does take some time to dry. Don't bother using a dryer... just set it aside and wait a few hours.


I used some journaling cards, stickers and paper from Jillibean Soup to embellish this layout. I have a big zip lock baggie full of Jillibean Soup embellishments so I went through it for embellishments that would work for this layout. I was drawn to the colors of blue, green, pick and yellow. Not sure why... it just happend. LOL


I used the "Happy" clear sticker to add over the tab. I love it. :) It makes me happy.  


These are paper flowers from Prima that I've had for some time. I layered several flowers using the paste. Then I added a pearl/button for dimension.




I cut the butterfly square from patterned paper to use as an embellishment with a white button in the center. Without the button, it just looked too flat.


I used foam squares to pop up the "enjoy today" sticker off the page a bit.


What do you think? Lot's of little things were added to this layout... I just love layering papers, embellishments and different mediums to make my layouts pop.

Thanks so much for visiting today. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: