Tuesday, June 25, 2019

YOU ARE LOVELY


Good morning! I have a fun art journal spread that I created for you lovely ladies today! Sometimes, we need that gentle reminder that we are all "lovely" in our own way. For this art journal page, I used the stitched cardstock with stitching. Before I started painting this piece, I was going for an abstract design. I grabbed a few colors and different size brushes along with my gesso.



I coated the black cardstock/chipboard page using the Drama Queen acrylic paint. Once the paint was dry, I smeared some Broken Doll and Last Sin paint all over the spread.



Then I grabbed a think brush and gesso to create a heart in the center of the page.



After allowing the gesso to dry for a few hours I grabbed the Bad & Tatted acrylic paint along with a tiny brush and splashed black paint all over the spread.



Once the paint was completely dry, I added a few word stickers and some gems.









This spread was very therapeutic for me. I think I've discovered a new love... Art journaling can be so fun and freeing...  If you haven't given art journaling a try, we have so many tutorials and videos to get you started! Come by and check out Bad Girls Couture. The art journals are amazing. All of the pages are bounded together by pretty trims and you get the journals come with pages stitched and ready to use! You have to see it to appreciate it's beauty. Click here to order yours today! Each journal comes with stitched pages!


No comments: