Tuesday, January 19, 2021

THIS IS REAL LIFE

 Hi all! I'm excited to share a fun mixed media layout I created using the Penny Copper Modeling Paste and the Wild Roses Stencil. I also played with my gel plate from Gel Press to create some fun patterns to frame the photo.


Disclaimer: "The Crafter's Workshop provided me with product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own."

For this layout, my goal was to dig through my stash for embellishments that I would not normally use on a layout and USE them! I must say, this was such a fun challenge for me and after I finished creating this layout, I was proud that I used some of my old stash, rather than reaching for my new product.


To see the full tutorial for this layout, please visit The Crafter's Workshop's blog by clicking here!

I used my gel plate from Gel Press to create some fun patterns on white cardstock. Then I used my stencil and Copper Penny Modeling Paste to create the flowers. I did all of this work...to then cutting up the paper in different shapes to create a fun frame for the photo!


I actually enjoyed this process so much! I can't wait to try it again sometime. Just think of all the cool backgrounds you could make using this technique. The only issue is time... you do not want to try this technique if you are in a rush! This process takes a lot of time and patience. :)


I used my Sizzix to create the flowers from a scrap piece of the mixed media paper I created.


Here are some close ups. I really like how this turned out! 




Think twice, the next time you're thinking about not using your stash! It can be fun using up all of those embellishments!

Thanks so much for visiting today!



No comments: