Wednesday, March 06, 2024

READY FOR ANOTHER ADVENTURE/PERFECT PAINTS

Hello, friends! Who's ready to go on an adventure?! I am ready to go back to Colorado...my sister would absolutely love that, too. Today, I'm playing with my favorite mixed media medium. I just love polishing plaster because it's full of texture and it's so easy to work with. No prepping needed. Just grab a palette knife, stencil and polishing plaster, and PLAY.


To begin, I taped the stencil down over the navy cardstock. Next, I grabbed a palette knife and my Polishing Plasters in Organic Sugar and Whipped Caramel. I pulled the Whipped Caramel through the stencil first and then applied the Organic Sugar sparingly to add just a little tint. I thought these two mediums would make the background pop and I just love it!! The colors look so pretty against the blue.
Look at that gorgeous texture and color! SO BEAUTIFUL. I love how crisp the little flowers turned out. Not one smear! I may go back and add little gems to the center of each flower, but I did not have much time to do it before this post was due.

What is your favorite medium to work with these days? I would love to hear from you. Comment below!



I hope you were inspired today. Next time you're playing with Polishing Plasters, try mixing them to create a different look. It's super fun. Thank you so much for visiting today and I hope you have a fantastic day!

-Nic

No comments: