Sunday, August 04, 2024

BON APPETIT/A CHERRY ON TOP

Hello, friends! I'm back today with a layout I created using scraps I had on hand from two different collections by Simple Stories! For this layout, I am mixing the Say Cheese Epic and the Linen Market collection to create this foodie layout. I had to sneak this picture of my son, eating his lunch at Five Guys. He's at that age where he doesn't want his picture taken, but a girl has memories to document...so I snuck it. Tell me I'm not the only one!

To begin, I cut the red patterned paper to measure 8 1/2x11 and the second paper to measure 7 1/2x10. I matted the smaller print to the center of the red print so that it lined up nicely to create the floral border around the layout.

I gathered a variety of die cuts, stickers, and enamel dots from both collections that I thought would work for this layout. I decided to use a red and blue color scheme...pulling the colors from the photo.

I used the 4x6 journaling card to mat the photos and hid the typed font with stickers and die cuts. Next, I cut the sentiment strips from the cut-apart sheet to use along the side of the photo. I used foam squares to pop up some of the embellishments to add dimension.

I'm not 100% happy with how the journaling looks at the bottom with the ledger print from the paper... the lines are slightly off, overlapping each other, but oh well... I still like the other half of the layout. I especially like the fact that I was able to use up my scraps!


Have you combined paper collections recently? What have you mixed and matched? We'd love to know in the comments! Click here to see my process video. Thanks so much for visiting today.

Nicole




No comments: