Friday, August 09, 2024

ON AN ADVENTURE MIXED MEDIA LAYOUT/PERFECT PAINTS

Good morning, friends! Who's been on a fun adventure lately? I have not... I'm simply reliving my adventures through photos for the time being! I love the heart stencil from Simple Studios and thought it would make a fun background for my travel themed layout. I used four different Polishing Plaster-Organic sugar, Dove's Wing, Gilded Azure, and Jack Frost. This is such a pretty color combination, and it went perfectly with 49 & Market's Everywhere collection.

To begin, I taped down the stencil down on watercolor paper to prevent the stencil from slipping. Next, I applied the Polishing Plaster one-by-one using the lighter colors first, working my way up to the darker colors.
I love that Polishing Plaster doesn't take very long to dry and it doesn't bulk up my layouts. Once completely dry, it looks so pretty and it has a great deal of texture.

Isn't that stencil adorable? I just love it so much. I used washi tape as a fun border to fill in the gap between the 6x8 stencil and the 8 1/2x11 paper. I really like how everything looks together.

As you know...I love layering pretty embellishments together! This cluster of embellishments with the transparent filmstrips make me so happy. I just love it.

I had so much fun creating this layout. What do you think about those layers? Fun, right! What is your favorite Polishing Plaster combo? We'd love to hear in the comments. Thank you so much for visiting today!

Nicole

No comments: