Saturday, February 01, 2020

I WAS BORN TO BE WILD

Good morning everyone! I have a fun mixed media layout to share with you. When I first started working on this layout I really didn't have a plan... I just thought I'd grab my Sorbet Dimensional Paints and just create a pretty background... and then embellish it. I have to admit...this layout took me a long time to make. There are a lot of layers and  colors and I just love it! The time it took to create this was so worth it.


To begin, I used three Sorbet Dimensional Paint Mediums (Vegas Gold, Mermaid and Flamingo) to cover a sheet of white cardstock. I started with the Vegas Gold first... Then I applied the Mermaid and then the Flamingo.


Once the paint was completely dry I used the Stencil and white paint to create some circles in the background that did not do too well. I ended up smearing the white into the background to blend the colors a bit. Then I used the Metal Effects Dimension Medium (Silver) and the Lotus Stencil to create some fun textures for the background. Once the Metal Medium was completely dry, I used the Raider Coloration Spray and Lattice Stencil to create some dimonds in the background. Then I splashed some Raider Coloration Spray all over the layout to add some more black to help break up the colors a bit.



Once I was satisfied with the background, I used a few journaling cards, chipboards, jewels, stickers and puffy stickers to embellish the center of the layout.





Thanks so much for visiting today!




No comments: