Sunday, May 24, 2020

SMILE

Happy Sunday everyone! I was looking for something to do this morning so I decided to create something for Pinkfresh Studio's challenge since I had the My Favorite Story Kit and the add-on papers from Clique International. I love patterned paper...mixing and matching them together to create a fun background for my layouts. 


This month, Pinkfresh Studio's challenge is to create something inspired by one of the DT Members. I created a layout based on two of them... Missy Whidden and Anett Gelencser are my favorite two designers on the team. I love Missy's mixed media work and Anett's designs... she does a beautiful job playing with patterned papers and embellishments. I am always in awe of her work. Seriously... 


To begin, I grabbed a few different patterns from my stash that I liked...patterns of different shapes and sizes that would make a fun pairing!


I used a light-blue acrylic paint to color on the patterned paper to break up some of the patterns. Once the paint was dry I fussy cut the rainbows to add at the top and bottom of the layout. I just felt like playing around and I love the look of this layout...the design is fun and the colors are HAPPY.


To complete the layout, I added several chipboard embellishments, puffy stickers and die cuts. I used a ruler and black pen to hand-journal at the bottom of the layout. Grab your kit today so you can get scrappy! 


Thanks for visiting today!


2 comments:

Lea Lawson said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along with our May challenge!

VC Truman said...

Thiis was lovely to read