Saturday, August 22, 2020

FUN MIXED MEDIA LAYOUT

Happy weekend everybody! Before I go on my 3-4 mile walk, I wanted to share this layout I created the other day. I was working on another project and had left over mixed media that I did not want to waste...so I made this layout!

Disclaimer: "The Crafter's Workshop provided me with product to create this layout. The opinions I share are solely my own."

I used white watercolor paper from The Crafter's Workshop and their Cerulean Blue ColorSparx to create the splashes in the background. I love their ColorSparx because you can get different shades of color depending on how much ColorSparx used... The more water added, the lighter the color. The more powder with less water, the darker the colors will be. I always test the colors on a scrap piece of paper before applying them to the layout!


To create the background, I used a tiny brush and tapped the ColorSparx all over the layout. Watercolor paper is better than cardstock when using this technique...the watercolor paper holds the colors so much better and the paper does not get bulky. 

I used the Juniper Mist with a blending tool and the TCW872 6X6 Heart Fern stencil to create the heart in the center of the layout.


Then I used the Platinum Modeling Paste with a palette knife to add the title at the top of the layout using the TCW921s 6x6 Word Stems Stencil. Before applying the Platinum Modeling Paste, I taped the ends of the stencil down using washi tape so it would not move. I love this modeling paste. It's soooo pretty.


I carefully peeled the stencil off the layout to avoid smudging the stencil and modeling paste.


Here is how everything looks before adding the embellishments. Super pretty!


I used embellishments from Citrus Twist to embellish the layout. Lots of pretty embellishments from a variety of kits...


I used a stamp to stamp the "just the right mix of chaos and love" sentiment all over the layout. This is available at Citrus Twist Kit's Website.



Thank you so much for visiting today! If you're looking for some of these wonderful mixed media products, click here!


No comments: