Saturday, October 03, 2020

MADE WITH LOVE POLY-CANVAS BAG

Hi all. I have a cute little bag I created using Trinity Stamp's Made with Love stamp from their September release. I love this stamp. I think I may gift this bag to a friend! But... I'm gonna hold it for a little while so I can enjoy it too. :)


To begin, I used a pencil to trace along the Poly-Canvas Bag so I knew how much space I had to work with. That way the image wouldn't get cut off anywhere. 


Then I used Artesprix's Sublimation Ink to stamp the image onto copy paper. 



I used a lightbox to create a mirror image of the sentiment. Make sure you do not forget to mirror any sentiments...otherwise they will be backwards! 


I used Artesprix's Pastel Iron-On-Sublimation Markers to color in the images. I love these pastel colors! They are so pretty and even more so when the project goes through the heat press. Don't worry if your colors appear muted... they will be much more vibrant once your project is heated.*


While I was preparing the Poly-Canvas Bag for the heat press, I set the heat press at 400 degrees for 45 seconds. I taped the bag face-down onto the copy paper using heat tape. You want to be sure to use heat tape because regular tape will melt! 


To prevent the ink from bleeding, I add a piece of protective paper at the top and bottom of the bag as well as inside the bag. Then I placed everything in the heat press face-up for 45 seconds at 400 degrees. Be sure to leave your zipper along the edge of the heat press so it does not get damaged.*


Carefully, remove bag from heat press wearing gloves and set the project on heat mat for a few minutes. Then peel a small section to be sure the image is vibrant.



Isn't this the cutest thing you ever saw?! I'm loving the little dog! :)



Thank you for stopping by today!



No comments: