Wednesday, January 24, 2024

SNOWY DAYS/PERFECT PAINTS

Good morning, friends! It's Nicole, here. We FINALLY got some snow and I couldn't wait to create a fun layout using the Halo Shimmering Matte Acrylic and the Perfect Glazed Medium through a stencil to create fun shimmery snowflakes in the background of my layout. 

Seriously, look at how crisp those snowflakes turned out... And aren't they beautiful! Using the  Halo Shimmering Matte Acrylic and the Perfect Glazed Medium together is super easy and oh so fun! I found it to be very therapeutic-pulling the mediums through the stencil. 

He are photos of the steps I used. I mixed the mediums together and used a palette knife to pull the mediums through the stencil. 

Because I didn't mix enough acrylic through the gel, the color wasn't as vibrant...so to correct this, I added some  Halo Shimmering Matte Acrylic to the palette knife and gently smeared it across the  Perfect Glazed Medium and it totally worked! I'm so happy with how this background turned out! Super pretty!

I added the sparkling enamel dots to the center of the snowflakes to add a little color. I used Simple Stories' Winter Wonder collection to embellish this layout. The snowflake stencil is also from Simple Stories. 

That little bear is just darling and so is my pup :) He had a blast in the snow...I even took him for a mile walk in it. Yes, I really love my dog. :)


I hope you found this layout inspiring! I had so much fun creating it. Don't forget to check out the shop to stock up on your favorite paints and mediums. They are so much fun to play with and easy to work with as well. Hope you have a fantastic week!

-Nic

No comments: