Thursday, June 13, 2024

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MIXED MEDIA LAYOUT/PERFECT PAINTS

Hello, friends! I had a little dilema... I needed purple Shimmering Matte Acrylic paint for my layout and I did not have any because honestly, it's my least favorite color. Sorry, purple lovers! BUT, I love how pretty Simple Stories' Crafty Things is...and it has a lot of lilac in it....so, i'm using it today! I'm going to share with you how I added a little Wisteria ColorSparx to the Halo Shimmering Matte Acrylic paint to make a lilac color! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN...And I'm super stoked.


To begin, I added a small amount of the Halo Shimmering Matte Acrylic onto an acryic block. Next, I added just a tiny bit of the Wisteria ColorSparx. Then, I mixed it together and added a little bit of water to thin the mixed media up a bit. I used a tiny paint brush and pen to splash the paint all over the layout.


You may also notice the stenciled work between the white lines. I used a stencil and the Halo Shimmering Matte Acrylic to add a little bit of design between the lines.


What do you think? Are you ready to play with mixed media yet? Seriously, playing with mixed media is my most favorite thing to do and I've been playing with mixed media for several years.

 

OK, I must admit, the purple is wearing on me... I think I like it! Isn't this so lovely?



After seeing this post, I don't blame you if you add a few bottles of the Halo Shimmering Matte Acrylic paint to your stash. It's a mush have for sure...and it has just the right amount of shimmer! Thank you so much for visiting today. Be sure to come back on June 24th because I have another fun project to share with you!

Hugs,

Nicole

No comments: