Monday, June 24, 2024

SO CREATIVE MIXED MEDIA/PERFECT PAINTS

Hello, friends! Welcome back! As promised, I have a super fun project to share with you today! Today, I'm playing with various mixed mediums to create lots of fun cameras...and I want to run to the candy store after looking at this gem. I totally want to eat the decorative brads-they look like candy. LOL


To begin, I taped down the Camera stencil from Simple Stories onto the chipboard using a low tack tape. Next, I mixed a little bit of Wisteria ColorSparx with the Perfect Clear Texture Gel to create a lilac hue. I told you a few weeks ago... purple is starting to wear on me...LOL I used a palette knife to pull the mixed media through the stencil and then used a scraper tool to smooth the mixed media so there are no lumpy spots.

Next, I grabbed the Rainstorm Shimmering Matte Acrylic and mixed a little bit of it with the leftover purple medium. I added a bit of the Rainstorm Shimmering Matte Acrylic throughout the stencil using a palette knife. I used the scraper once again to smooth out the mixed media through the stencil. Then, I smeared some of the blue off the scraper all over, keeping the scraper flat, across the stencil to get some of the blue on there.


Then, I added a little bit of the Ballet Slipper Shimmering Matte Acrylic throughout the stencil. I wanted a little touch of pink... I felt like I needed a lighter color to make the purple and blue pop. And it was just what I had envisioned.


I let this dry for a few hours before embellishing the cameras. After it was completely dry, I glued decorative brads and enamel dots to the lens to make them pop. Don't they look like candy? Tell me I'm not the only one?

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I kind of want to make another one on a 6x6 board for my scrap room.


What do you think? Love it, hate it? I enjoyed the process of mixing mediums together to create this fun piece. It was very therapeutic for me. I hope you found this project inspiring! Thank you so much for visiting today and don't forget to check out all the fabulous mixed media mediums in the shop, here.

Nicole

No comments: