Monday, July 15, 2024

BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES MIXED MEDIA/PERFECT PAINTS

Hello, friends. Nicole here, making a beautiful mess on my desk and I love everything about it because playing with mixed media makes my heart happy. Seriously, art is such a great way to relieve stress.

I'm excited to share my beautiful mess with you today! One thing I love about mixed media is in the beginning of the project, it can look very ugly...but then it's like magic... a little more paint and embellishments....and it's just one beautiful piece.


To begin, I taped the camera stencil onto a 6x6 mixed media board from The Crafter's Workshop. Next, I mixed the Perfect Clear Texture Gel with a little Wisteria ColorSparx to create a purple medium. I used a palette knife to pull the gel through the stencil.

Next, leaving the stencil taped down, I added a little bit of Cerulean Blue ColorSparx to the rest of the Perfect Clear Texture Gel mix. I do not like to waste mediums and you can totally mix colors...as long as you're working with lighter colors first.
Next, I added some Shimmering Acrylics-Ballet Slipper and Rainstorm. I used a palette knife to add the Ballet Slipper all over. It looks a little messy and ugly...but I promise you... it will look amazing after it's done. After I applied the Ballet Slipper, I dipped the end of a paintbrush in the Rainstorm Shimmering Acrylics and splattered it all over the stencil.


Now, the fun part! Carefully pulling the tape off the board and removing the stencil. Gosh, I love this part... Isn't this so pretty with all the beautiful colors! The acrylics add just the right amount of shimmer!
I added a little White Aqua Splash to add a little bit of white speckles. After that, I grabbed some chipboard, foam stickers and decorative brads/gems to add to the board after it was completely dry.


LOVE how pretty this turned out. I was worried this would look like my chipboard page, but it doesn't look anything like it...and I just had so much fun making this gem!

I hope you found this inspiring! Don't forget to check out the gorgeous Shimmering Acrylics in the shop and make sure you add the Perfect Clear Texture Gel as well because as you can see...it comes in handy!

Nicole



No comments: