Friday, August 30, 2024

MAKING MY OWN HAPPY BLUE SKIES

Hello everyone! Nicole here with a fun mixed media page I created using chipboard and Polishing Plaster. I'm not sure how the weather has been in your part of the world, but it's been very hot, and overcast here in Maryland. So while I've been working from home...indoors...I decided to create my own happy blue skies!
To begin, I taped the filmstrip stencil down over the chipboard to hold the stencil in place. Next, I used a palette knife to pull the Mexican Turqoise Polishing Plaster through the stencil. After that, I used the palette knife to pull the Jack FrostPolishing Plaster in various areas of the stencil to create a cloud effect. Finally, I grabbed the Dove's Wing Polishing Plaster to add some white in thick layers. Seriously... i just love this piece so much!! What do you think?
Everyone knows Polishing Plaster is my favorite medium... I just love how much texture it adds to my projects! And it's so easy to work with...
Here is a closer look at the texture I'm talking about! Some of my dots came off when I lifted the stencil...but I'm okay with it because it's art, and art isn't perfect. Wouldn't you agree?
I used Simple Stories foam stickers and decorative brads to embellish this page. The stencil is also from Simple Stories.
Are you ready to make your own blue skies? Once you start, you'll understand why Polishing Plaster is my favorite medium.
I hope you found this project inspiring! Thank you so much for visiting today!

Nic

No comments: