Wednesday, February 06, 2019

REAL LIFE

Hello everyone. It's been REALLY cold...like in the 20's and I'm ready for summer or if I could go back to Florida for a few more weeks, that would work. LOL

Maybe, that's why this layout is full of bright colors. I have sunshine on my mind. Lots of bright, neon colors to be exact. Neon colors are not my thing, but I had these neon inks in my stash so I thought, let's use them to create a fun, bright and happy layout!


What do you think of this background? Neat, huh?! I totally lifted another layout I created a few weeks ago. I love this design with all the circle stamps in the background. It's a little time consuming, but so worth it!! I used Precious Remembrance Shop's "Little Things" stamps and a few Happiness Paper Snippets.


As you can see, I'm a messy stamper... but with a few baby wipes, have my mess cleaned up in no time.


I used Bad Girl's Couture Haute Mess acrylic paint to create a green strip at the bottom. Love the name of this paint... It's called Drama Queen. :) I placed a scrap piece of paper above where I wanted to paint my strip then used a brush to smear the paint at the bottom for a smooth finish.



I used some more paint (first crush)similar to the coral ink to color the musical note paper. It had pink splatters and I wanted to change the color to make it blend in with the colors of the stamps so I painted on the splotches. I've been focusing on finding new use for my old stash and it's been great!!


I added a few paper snippets at the top to help frame the layout a little better. The bottom part of the layout seemed a bit heavy so I tried to balance out the layout a bit.


I had some die cut frames and tags in my stash that I manage to tuck behind the photos. I love embellishments... they are addicting.


More paper snippets and embellishments at the bottom. I used a tiny star punch to punch out a star so the white would peek through. Then I added the star at the top of the layout. I like stretching my embellishments as far as I can.



 Here are a few more close ups. 



What do you think? Are you ready to dig out your stamps and paints to create a bright and cheery layout!? Thanks so much for visiting!


No comments: