Tuesday, April 21, 2020

HANDMADE BOOKMARKERS

I spent the morning making sure Edward completed his classwork...then I vacuumed and dusted the bedrooms and the living room. After I was done that, I did a load of laundry, folded and put it away. I even ironed a pile of clothes that I had on the ironing board... and then I was bored again.

Since I wasn't really in the mood to scrapbook a layout, I made bookmarks instead! These were fun to make!


For the first book marker, I punched the bookmark die using my Sizzix and Trinity Stamp's Narrow Card and bookmark die. Then, I used inks from Catherine Pooler's shop. Love the quality of these inks and I am so glad I bit the bullet and invested in them. I used a blending buddy to blend the colors onto the bookmark. I was going for a semi-rainbow look. Once I was satisfied with the coloring, I used Trinity Stamp's Love You Bunches stamp set and their blending buddy to blend the different colors on the bookmark.


The next card, I kept simple... I just used the dies and pattern papers and embellishments I had on hand.


I used the Love You Bunches stamp set to create this card. It's not perfect, but it's still pretty! This was the first card I created. I learned that you should ALWAYS use your Misti Stamping Tool if you have one. Because if you are using an acrylic block and ink and it does not show a crisp image, it is very hard to line up the stamp and try again.

Regardless, they were fun to make. Something different and not too time consuming! Have you made anything different lately? I'm thinking about altering a wood piece from Foundation Decor, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to do it. :) I think i'll take a break and read.

Hope you all are staying safe and being productive! Get your stuff done now so you can enjoy being outside this summer!


No comments: