Saturday, April 11, 2020

JOYFUL



Hello all! Hope everyone is well during this crazy time. I've been taking this time to just scrapbook and relax. It's been nice, being stuck in the house for a change. I've just been able to focus on ME. Today, I'm sharing another layout I created using Simple Stories' Simple Vintage Garden District Collection. For this layout, I wanted to play with the stamps a bit... mainly the floral stamps!


To begin, I cut a patterned paper from the 6x8 Paper Pad to measure 8x4. Then I used a ruler and black pen to draw a 1/4" border around the layout. I stamped the flowers at the bottom left-side of the layout and the top right-side of the layout to use as a photo corner.


I embellished the layout using several Floral Bits and Pieces and Decorative Brads. I even managed to add  a piece of washi after cutting the washi in half so it was not too big.


Normally, I would hand-journal on my layouts, but the sentiments from the Bits and Pieces and stamps was enough. These embellishments look so pretty together. I used a tiny stapler to staple the heart directly onto the photo.


And here is the completed layout. That green is sooooo pretty. I just love the color scheme of this collection and the patterns. I have one more layout I created using this collection and then I will be moving on to Vicki Boutin's latest collection for a fun mixed media layout.

Thanks for visiting today!


No comments: