Monday, April 05, 2021

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY CARD

Good morning friends! I'm so excited to share my very first DT project I created for Ink Road with you. Since Mother's Day is next month, I thought I'd get a jump start and make a beautiful card for my mother! 


To begin,  I added a drop or two of Chalk Acrylic Paint from Paper Artsy onto my gel plate from Gel Press and then smooth over the paint using a brayer. I then placed my 3x4 card over the plate to pick up the paint. I repeated this process with a few different colors such as pink, purple and green. 


Next, I used my Sizzix to punch out the floral die using the Basics Flower 2 Stamp and Die Set.

I used a scrap piece of white cardstock to color two strips of purple and green to use for my Basic Ssentiment Strips.

Next, I stamped the "Happy Mother's Day" and "I love you" sentiment strips from the Basics Sentiment Strips Stamp Set onto the scrap of paper with the ink and then cut them out using scissors. 

To complete the card, I mounted everything down using glue and foam squares. Isn't this so pretty? I love the chalk paint! It adds such a nice touch.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!



No comments: